It’s been two full years since Chris and I have gone away alone, without the baby! But with only ten weeks (or so) left to go until Baby# 2 makes her appearance, we packed our bags and took the Jeep on a little road trip to one of our favourite local getaways, Whistler.
If you followed along with my InstaStories from the weekend, you’ll notice that we stayed at the Four Seasons Whistler, a place overflowing with luxury and service every single time. Nestled right in the evergreen hills of Whistler’s Upper Village, the Four Seasons resort and residences is as scenic as it is tranquil.
I don’t have a lot to say about this trip, other than it was exactly what we needed! The perfect blend of rest, relaxation and rejuvenation with time spent with friends (a few people dear to us were also in town the same weekend!) and precious time spent alone together.
With baby #2, making her arrival shortly after the Holiday season, taking these few sweet days to ourselves is a gift I will forever be grateful for.
Where to go in Whistler:
Just a few of our favourite places and recommendations for where to go, eat and enjoy when in Whistler!
- Banger & Mash with Parmesan Fries at the Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub at the Pan Pacific Mountainside
- Lobster Mac & Cheese at the Mallard Lounge in the Fairmont Chateau Whistler
- Book ahead for brunch at Stonesedge. Literally everything on the menu is incredible, plus the decor is on point. You’ll see why you need a reservation when you arrive.
- Cows Ice cream is a favourite stop for everyone! It’s a little cold for it this time of year but still delicious.
- And if you’re still craving something sweet, pick up a caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I recommend the Skor apple. It’s the perfect balance of refreshing and sweet. And they’ll cut it up for you too if you ask!
- Hands down, the Four Seasons Whistler is the place to be. And this endorsement isn’t sponsored. We just genuinely enjoy our time there! The service, atmosphere and amenities are bar none.
- If you want to relax and enjoy a spa experience, we recommend the Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa. This is the only Javanese style spa in North America, continuing the rich culture and history of Indonesia. This place is truly the best kept secret in Whistler and an absolute oasis! It has been awarded one of the Top 25 Spas in all of Canada and was founded by Princess Mooryati Soedibyo, Grand Daughter to the King of Indonesia. She is the world’s only self-made noble woman turned successful entrepreneur and has built a spa philosophy based directly on the ancient Javanese spa practices, used to pamper the Royal Indonesian family themselves. Every treatment I have ever experienced here has included the utmost care and luxury, as these ancient practices are maintained with absolute integrity. There are two Whistler locations to choose from, both managed by members of the Royal Indonesian family themselves. Take my word for it and go, you won’t be disappointed.
If you ever want to really bless an expecting couple, get them a babymoon! There aren’t enough words to describe how impact this time is for a relationship.
Big gratitude to our family members who helped make this trip possible.
And thanks to Brandon Deepwell for the photos. It’s so nice to have these memories to look back on before our lives change (again!) for the better.