Sweet & Spicy Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup
My first home-made soup! It took a little while to create but every sip was worth it! I recommend enjoying this soup with sweet cornbread on the side.
Cooking time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 4 red bell peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch chilli pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- brown sugar to taste
- Place the red peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down, broil until the skins are blackened, about 15 minutes, place in a sealable container and let ‘steam’ for 20 minutes before pinching the skins off and dicing.
- Meanwhile, toss the cauliflower in the oil, place it in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400F oven until tender and caramelized, about 20-30 minutes, mixing once in the middle.
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil over stove top.
- Mix red peppers, cauliflower, onions and garlic in a bowl with chicken broth.
- Puree vegetables and broth to desired consistency with a hand blender.
- Add paprika,brown sugar, chilli flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the soup into a slow cooker and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes
- Season with fresh ground pepper and enjoy!